Thursday, February 19, 2009

There She Goes Blog Hop!

I'm so excited about today's post!
Fellow TSG girl Holly McMillen gave us TSG girls a challenge the other day and turned it into a blog hop! Now that we've made our challenge cards, we're ready to see them on each other's blogs! Such fun!

The challenge was to use only TSG stamps, and to incorporate a famous quote. Well, on TOP of all that we were randomly given a specific There She Goes set to use! WOW!
Well, I was pretty lucky in getting the Here For You stamp set, and since I knew that I wanted to use this bird and branch image, I went with one of my favorite Helen Keller quotes.
"One can never consent to creep when one feels the compulsion to Soar".
That Helen lady! She was so quotable! :) LOL

I wanted this one to be clean and simples, so I used minimal layers, dimensionals, and a simple layout. I'm surprised with how pink I went with this one, but again, in keeping it simple I went as monotone as possible. I love this pink satin Offray ribbon. It's delicate and elegant and perfection! Ribbon is soooo my card making weakness! For this birdie, I stamped him in close to cocoa ink onto this Pink Pirouette card stock, and then stamped over it with versamark and heat embossed some iridescent ice embossing powder on him for the shimmer.

So you want to keep going on this blog hop? If you came here via the hop you came from Holly's.
And if you want to KEEP ON, then click on over to Wendy's Blog to see what she cooked up for the challenge!
If you just came here to see what I was up to and want to start this craaaazy blog hop ride from the beginning, start over at Jessica's Blog!

18 comments:

Denise (peanutbee) said...

What an awesome quote and beautiful card!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card and a fantastic quote!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Bev - marvelous card and awesome blog banner. I'm thoroughly enjoying visiting your site. It's beautiful.

Wendybell said...

This is so beautiful, Bev!! Super elegant! You have inspired me to get my birds out to play!! Love it!!

Joanne said...

A beauty

MakiJo said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Very pretty colors and awesome quote!Fab JOB, Bev!

Christi said...

This is gorgeous!! What an awesome quote!

mudmaven said...

Great quote and gorgeous card! ~chris

Jessica said...

So pretty Bev! I love the quote you chose and you must be thinking pink today :)

Becky Sorensen said...

Very pretty. Love the dp.

Silke Ledlow said...

Bev - this is a beauty!!! Love it!!! Hope you are feeling better??? Hugs ~Silke~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful quote!!! I absolutely love your card!

Cathy said...

Nice card and love the quote. Love the colors you used.

Kay said...

Very elegant and an inspiring sentiment as well.

Kim P said...

Very pretty!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is beautiful! I love the shimmery bird! :D The quote is amazing as well! Great job girl!

Kelli said...

SO super elegant.....

Elena said...

Card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the quote!