Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Simply Bloom & Moving

Hey friends!
I'm currently on the road for our move to Washington. My husband finished his training in Florida, and now we're off to our next station in Spokane, WA.
We're very excited about getting there. But for the moment, along the way, we're stopped and visiting with some family in Wisconsin.
By the time this trip is over we will have gone through 12 states! It's very fun to see the landscapes change...as for the weather, well...I sure do miss that Florida sunshine!!!!!!!!
(Though it is suppose to be an eensy weensy bit warmer here this weekend) Snow on the first day back in Wisconsin had my heart singing the blues for sure!! :D

I've made several cards in advance for you to look at while I'm away. Here's one I made with one of this month's Whipper Snapper releases, Simply Bloom.I started out with this designer paper (Parisian Summer- retired SU!), and added in this misc. piece of scrap paper (teal). I then stamped the flowers from this set on some designer paper I had found with just type on it. It adds some interest, don'tcha think? :) I then layered that onto my very vanilla card base and pierced some rows. The sentiment, from this set, is stamped with versamark an then heat embossed with gol embossing powder. I did the same with the butterfly an then colored him in with my Copic markers, cut him out and poped him up on a dimensionals. The buttons on the flowers are threaded with some thinly sliced gold brushed cardstock (in person you can see that better). Then the edges were lightly sponged with So Saffron ink to compliment the designer paper. Tada! :)

So what do ya think?

6 comments:

Linda B said...

LOVE this card! I love the color combo! Might have to use that as my inspiration today:) Good luck with your move. Be safe on the road! We are in WI, so wave;)

Joanne said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with friends and family along the way....

Anonymous said...

I love the buttons and flowers.... just too cute.... and welcome to Washington.... you should get lots of sun in the summer and lots of snow in the winter.....

Cookie

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just beautiful, Bev! Love your colors and lovely printed flowers!

Tanya said...

I love what you did with the center flower! So fun!

AJ said...

woohoo! Washington ROCKS! I am on the west side- if you ever head this way holler!
:)