Sunday, April 26, 2009

Take Two Cupcakes and... Can You Guess Where I'm Going?

Hey sweets!
I'm still here in Wisconsin, hanging out with family (until Wednesday) and playing lots of games of Settlers of Catan. Any Catan fans out there? Whoot! :)
So I made this card a couple of weeks ago when I got my yummy Whipper Snapper Featured Designer stamp sets in the mail. I used the set What's Cookin' (which is a complimentary set to the Chicken's in the Kitchen set).
There is medicine bottle in this set that (I imagine) is supposed to go with this sentiment...but then I looked at the cupcake image and this card just kinda whacked me upside the head...know what I mean? :)
Isn't a cute birthday card? The designer paper has sparkly embossed lines on it, and the rhinestones sparkle, and the ribbon sparkles, and to top it all off, I added some At You Spica Glitter pen action so KAPOW!!! SPARKLE! :)
I stamped this panel onto watercolor paper an once the sentiment was down with Stazon, I ran a line of marker along the edges and blended it towards the middle of the panel with my aqua painter, making it pink and framed. The cupcakes are also stamped onto watercolor paper, colored in with SU! markers and an aqua painter, then cut out an poped up on dimensionals. Easy!

Well, I'm having a super day today, going to visit a well known stamper's store...can you guess who? If you guess correctly, I'll put your name in a hat for a prize! :) I'll be back in a couple of days with pictures from my outing.
Hugs @ ya!!

7 comments:

Liz S. said...

If you are in Wisconsin, I'll bet that you are going to see Gina K, you lucky gal!

Great card!

Jan Castle said...

Well, I have to guess "Whipper Snapper" headquarters...since I know nothing about Wisc. Anyway, have a great time!!!!
Jan Castle

Susan said...

Oooh Ohhh I know who's store you're going to!!!! Gina K's!!!!

Terri said...

Gina K

Barb said...

Wowza - are you going to visit GinaK's store....you lucky gal!!!

Connie said...

Adorable, Bev! Those cupcakes look good enough to eat! MMMMMM

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Hi Bev, this card is ADORABLE!! Lovin all the bright colors and those yummy cupcakes! Hey, too funny, I just posted a card with the same sentiment, but VERY different card! Hop to my blog for a peek -it's a couple posts down. Hugs,