Saturday, December 19, 2009

Window Ribbon Wreath

Hey everyone!
I am so excited for the start of this week! Only 4 more sleeps until Christmas morning! :)
I can't wait till my kids open their presents. The saying "it is better to give than to receive" is never more true than for parents at Christmas. Am I right?
So what do you think of the card I've got for ya?
Isn't that ribbon wreath awesome? I had stumbled upon THIS card at the Splitcaost gallery, which lead me over to this video that explains just how to make a ribbon wreath of your own.
I love a crafty challenge and had to make one immediately. "Hold my calls" if ya know what I mean. I had to do this Right. AWAY! LOL So watch and see if you have to too:


I used this retired Kiwi Kiss double sided satin ribbon, and I'm so happy I did.

When you listen to the video, you tend to miss it when she talks, but the wreath is made with a 2 yard length of 3/8" ribbon. No, you wouldn't want to make a ton of these for a swap or anything, but it does have a WOW factor, doesn't it?
And it's the perfect card to have on my blog this week, dont'cha think? :)
Merry Christmas, ya'll! Be blessed by the Lord's birth and love one another!
Until! Hugs,

3 comments:

Crystal (craftingandrambling) said...

Oye! This card is sooooooo beautiful, Bev!! Thanks so much for sharing! Maybe when I get some time on my hands (aka after C'mas), I'll try it out! lol

tfs!

Anonymous said...

This is the most gorgeous technique I have ever seen. It really did not seem that difficult, if it were not 1:30 AM here I would find out if it is as easy as it seems. Ah, tomorrow will have to be the day.
I love this. I can not leave a comment when I do it on AIM, so I am signing my username here and signing in as anonymous.

nrhaller

Brooke S said...

LOVE IT! How cool with the SU ribbon.. I window is a perfect match... LOVE IT!
HUGS
Brooke