Monday, December 14, 2009

Yummies

Haaaaappy Monday!
Did you notice I skipped a week? Yeah, I realized on Thursday. Oi..my life. :)
Oh well. I've got TWO things to show you this week.
But first! How has your December gone?? Are you loving the Christmas cheer? I'm trying to suck in as much of it through my eyeballs as I can. Lights, trees, candles, garlands, my baby's drawings. Aaaaand I should probably stop taking in that Christmas cheer through my tummy. Lawwd..there are way to many sweeties in my life trying to give me a Christmas cookie here and Christmas candy there. I. Am. Weak. I can't say no. Thank goodness I've taken up swimming again.
Speaking of goodies, have you seen that Gina K's Design Team came out with a holiday cookbook PDF? It's free, and it's fabby! You have to go look at it HERE and SAVE it. It's free and there is no reason for you not to go run and do it...after you finish with ME of course. :)
Well as I scanned it I came upon Jennie Harper's "Starbuck's Cranberry Bliss Bar" recipe. And. I. Just. Fell. On. The. Floor. I made them immediately.
Then I thought to myself...wouldn't these be a great treat for my darling's work buddies and their wives? Oh yes. So I did. Loooook:
So I took each bar and put it in a clear bag-twisty tie configuration (Wilton). Then I tied two of those together (believe me when I tell you that if you've ever tried one of these babies, you KNOW that just giving ONE to couple would produce a fight...and this is suppose to be about Christmas CHEER, right? Onward..). Then I made these tags:
Don't they just SCREAM Christmas? :)
I used the Sizzix Scallop Envelope die and popped those out in Creamy Caramel card stock, stamped the sentiment on the front with the Sweet Season set by SU!. Then I sponged the edges, faux stitched with gel pen, added some felt ric-rac (squeals of happiness!), and then signed the back of the envies.
I also added a 3/4" circle with a hole punched through it to turn in into a tag. I know. I love that too. :)
I tied the tags on with the embroidery thread I had used to tie the two bars together. And of course the ribbon. This is super vintage ribbon I picked up at a garage sale...umm..maybe 7 years ago. It's on a never ending spool so..I had lots to play with.
I loaded these babies into a box for my hubby to take to work today. He kissed me goodbye this morning and told me he couldn't wait to play Santa with my treats. Love.
I love Christmas. I love Christmas. I just LOVE Christmas. Love love love.
:)

What was that other thing I made, you ask?
Well, I have two ladies in my life who are having birthdays soon. 'Member a few weeks ago when I confessed I was woefully low on Birthday cards? I wasn't lyin'. The cupboards are bare folks. It's ugly. So I made these:
Simple design, simply fun to make. The cupcake is from Wagon Full of Fun set and the sentiment is from Stem Sayings set. Argyle Cuddlebug folder. That pink is Melon Mambo. Mmm. I might need to go watch some Biggest Loser episodes and renounce food for a few days. It's been a yummy filled week. :)
Hugs,

4 comments:

Christi said...

What yummy creations!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh wow, Bev!! These are both so wonderful! LOVE your fun tag/envelope...I NEED that recipe! LOL!! Your cupcakes look good enough to eat too!!

Butternut Sage Designs said...

Merry Christmas Bev....and I love your new look!!!!...and I would love whatever it s you have in that treat bag...man that looks good! Have a memorable Christmas with yoru little ones, and God bless you~ Donna

Crystal (craftingandrambling) said...

These cards are to die for!! LOVE the color combo --- one of my birthday gifts came in a bag with those colors...hmmm...may just have to use this idea someday when I reuse the bag! :)