Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Snowman

Happy Monday everyone!
It's been a fun week here at my house. My ever sweet Mother In-Law came on Saturday and is here for a few days. :) I just adore having her here. And I don't need to tell you that SO DO THE CHILDREN. LOL
I did get to stamp before she got here though. I try to be equally loving to each card I make. But I have to warn you that...this card you're about to see? It happens to be my favorite Christmas Card/Thank You I have made this year.
Love Love. *happy sigh* I love this retired SU! set Happy Winter. It's too cute. And I'm so happy I got to use it.
I did the basic Top Note Quilt design that I came up with HERE. And then chose the layout with this bow made with May Arts ribbon.
Stamped on the trees and the snowman, stamped an extra snowman onto white cardstock and colored him with Copics, cut him out and popped him up on pop dots. I chose a vintage button from my collection and threaded a sliver of cardstock through it. Finishing it off, I went for some dots with my tombo multi glue and dazzling diamonds glitter for SPARKLE!
What do ya think? :)
It's after Thanksgiving now...so I can say this without getting hate mail:
Merry Christmas sweeties!

9 comments:

Jenn Balcer said...

oh so pretty! I love it, and love that you have a mother-in-law to come and spend time wither her baby and grandbabies and YOU! Hugs!

Lori Craig said...

stinking sweet....love, love, LOVE this. super sweet, Bev. and i {adore} your new blog makeover. hugs!

Tanya said...

Sooo pretty! I love the quilted look and the sparkle! The blues are perfect!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Cuteness reigns (or as here in Oregon rains...) with this happy card. I'm off to CASE as soon as I figure out where I put this stamp set! Thanks for sharing Bev. Wonderful to have an awesome MIL the kids love. I still miss mine.

Hugs - Jean

Linda B said...

OMG Bev! I was just thinking about the first patchwork topnote you made! This one is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the paper you used and the adorable retired SU set. I hope you don't mind if I CASE it;) Love the new blog look btw:D

maya said...

Bev! me gusta mucho el nuevo look de tu blog, quien te hace ese trabajo?
Un beso!

ninasays said...

I have that little snowman set, too and this is truly my favourite snowman ever! Super cute! Best wishes from Germany!

Scrappin Cheryl said...

This is so pretty! What a great color combo!

Samantha Wright said...

great technique!