Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kanga Love

Goooooood Monday, peeps!
Aren't you happy it's Monday? Well? Aren'tcha? I know you are. You have to be. You. are. here. :)
Not feelin' the Monday love? Well, that's ok. I know a little kangaroo that IS. Lookie:
Aww. I know.
I kinda love this image.
It's from SU!'s Build-a-Roo set. It comes with hearts to stamp in...and I would have, buuuuut...I had a weird dream the other night.
I dreamt I was in a paper world. There were places called October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye, and Graphic 45.
So I woke up, jotted down the idea and decided that I needed to make a paper scene ASAP. And here you have it.
Kanga happens to be in the Basic Grey Sultry hills, with the SU! Bashful Blue patterned sky. She's also throwing some BG Sultry hearts in the wind.
I did *not* underlay her here because I felt like it would disrupt the scene. She's stamped onto watercolor paper and watercolored with markers. The hearts are from a circle scallop that I dissected into pie pieces. I *heart* paper scenes!
Next up, I made valentines with the kids. They are very simple and I'm inserting them into my Valentines that I'm sending to close family.
I cut watercolor paper to 4 x 5.25 to fit inside the cards. I then had the kids overlap their hands so that their thumbs and pointer fingers shaped a kind'a heart. Traced that with pencil, then watercolored the lines with marker. Stamped this sentiment with Stazon jet black. We stuck red sticky tape hearts into the heart shape and I poured dazzling diamonds onto it. Can you see it?
According to my 4 year old girlie, they're "vewy sparkly and magical, Mama!"...I've been having to keep a close eye on them. That 4 year old keeps trying to thieve them. Stinker.
So are you sending Valentines out?
Making them? Don't tell me you're buying them. I don't want to know that kinda garbage. ;) You know I'm kidding right? I'd love ya even if you bought a $3 printed, mass produced card. Even then. :)
Team Conan,

2 comments:

Ellie said...

OHH How sweet is this card and I love the inserts! :) But a smile on my face ((HUGS))

Debi said...

Adorable valentines Bev!