Saturday, March 20, 2010

Stitched Pinwheel

Happy late Monday again! :)
That Monday got away from me again before I could hop on here and write up some cards. I think it's all the time I get to spend with my hubby on the weekends that does it...I get all relaxed with my to do list and forget that it means a lot on my plate on Monday. Oh well. :)
So, I did make a few cards this week!
There's one OVER HERE, that you can click on and view over at Splitcoast...and then some I saved just for you here on my blog.
This week I really wanted to play with a certain image I had won from A Muse: the Stitched Pinwheel. I love this image so! I think it's suprah cool b/c you can use it as a background...OR all on it's own!
Here's one I made for my niece.
It was her birthday yesterday and it's always a little challenge to send cards to my little nieces and nephews. They have a reputation of eating card I make...I mean, I know that *I* think my cards are just scrumptious (have to love your own work ya know!)...but until I got a phone call last year asking me if I thought a brad could poke an intestine ...that's when I realized others thought so too. Literally. :)
So my challenge when I make cards for those little ones now is: no brads, no buttons, or anything sharp...and I also try not to use dimensionals b/c it can be destroyed ten times more quickly. (Also as a tip for ya'll, I slip a clear envelope in with the card in the mailing envelope so that after the parent reads it to them, it can go in the clear envy and be played with for a while)
P.S. The ducky image is also A Muse (Little Chick) and the sentiment too (For Peeps Sake).
I inked up the stitched pinwheel this time in bashful blue and rock and rolled the edges in ballet blue. The ducky is colored with Copics and the whole image is put through my Big Shot with a rectangle nestability.
Then there is the stitched pinwheel all on it's own. Really it reminds me of a yummy stitched quilt...and you know I love quilts! :)
Check this out:
First, I cut a nice piece of Gina K's Pure Luxery cardstock (I really savor this cs! It's so nice and stiff for one layer cards! Not to mention perfect for coloring on)...it's a 3x3.5" card.
I embossed with another rectangle nestability, stamped the stitched pinwheel image in Memento black. Then I went to town with my Y21, Y15, Y17, and YR23 Copics. I also used my W2 and W4 Copics for shading around the white portions.
It really felt like it could stand on it's own without a sentiment. So.I.Left.It.
Yes, I added the half pearls and the ribbon...then I had to keep telling myself to "step away from the card!". LOL
I really love that one best. It's so simple...but it's just right, ya know? :)
Happy week to you my dearies!
Hugs,