Monday, March 29, 2010

Zee Carrot and Zee Garden Variety Quilt

Happy Monday! :)
It's time to shake off those Monday blues and look forward to this week!
Actually, I'm looking forward to this coming weekend: Easter!
Egg hunts, peeps, girls twirling in pretty dresses and handsome little boys in ties... baskets! Happiness! And my personal fav: greetings of "He is RISEN"! Indeed.
I thought I'd show ya an Easter card I made this past week:
Gaaaaah! I {heart} this one! :)
I think it's that scrumptious paper (October Afternoon "Report Card: Bus Route"). Or maybe that cute font of "happy EASTER" on that A Muse stamp! But just maybe it's ZEE CARROT!
Just lookie at that punched carrot!
Stinkin' fun! I used Pumpkin Pie cardstock AND punched out 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" circles. Sponged the edges. Die cut two of those leaf fronds (SU! Little Leaves Sizzix Sizzlits) and sponged it up on the edges (P.S. I'm just noticing now how perfectly those leaves go with the leaves on the paper! *squeal*). Stuck it all together.
Fainted. :)

I also got some happy mail. Last week I happened to win one of Gina K's latest stamp sets: Nana's Needlework & it's Sentiments. Mercy, is this set right up my ally! Quilts! Knitting! Cross-stitched sentiments! *gah* Good ingredients, I say! GOOOOOD!
So I made Gina and her staff (hi JESSICA!) a little THANK YA, for putting it up for me to win and for sending it off...and for being just the sweetest darn people on the face of the planet. I saw Gina comment that she really liked the new Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety pack, so I thought she just might like a Garden Variety QUILT! Of course, and who wouldn't right?!?
I do! I do! :) I Copic colored the quilt rack (E25, E37, E39), then used my W2 and W4 to shade the paper pieced quilt blocks. I also embossed a rectangle nestability underneath it. Used ribbon that matched the celery cardstock to keep the emphasis on the quilt. I can't look at these cross-stitched sentiments too much. They make my little heart so happy and geek out so that I have to look away! :) I mean, "Thanks SEW much"? Mercy! I really love that. Hehehe!
Well, I hope you're finding lots of happy in YOUR neck'a the woods, friends!
It may be dreary and rainy outside, but I can't help but think of the daffodils and EASTER CANDY to come.
Hugs,

3 comments:

JulieHRR said...

OH MYLAAAANTA!!! Your carrot is WICKED COOL!!! I never woulda' thunk that up in a bajillion lifetimes!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, girlfriend! Your cards are SO CUTE!!! LOVE them both!

Claudia said...

that carrot is too funny - Love it!